Saturday, February 9, 2013

Floor Easel Chalkboard


So, I have no children, but some of my friends do, and I take every opportunity of spoiling their children that I can. Why not? :) We got the pleasure of watching my friends' little boy recently, and I figured since we were gating off the kitchen demo zone from him, I better have some entertaining distractions. This chalkboard fit the bill perfectly.
I made the two frames from scrap lumber, and the chalkboards were painted (with chalkboard spray paint) hard board. This isn't exactly to the designs by Ana White (http://ana-white.com/2013/01/plans/folding-desktop-chalkboard-easel ) because I forgot to offset the bottom piece to make the legs. However, in the end I was glad I didn't because I think it is more stable this way. We left it on the floor since he is a little guy, but it could easily be put on a table when he's bigger. The handle is super useful for moving it as well as hanging it out of the way.
The only paint I had around was from some samples that we were trying out for the kitchen. Worked like a charm!



No comments:

Post a Comment